Sunday 21 March 2010

In the beginning

This blog takes its title the first big project I was involved with in 1997. A lot's happened since then, but my direction, purpose, mission, whatever you like to call it, always seems to comes back to it.

'Home is where the Art is', was the first project which pulled together all the various oral history, art and craft, drama, xmas crafts, work in old people's homes and other work together with my personal commitment, valuing the lives of people around me, old and young.

A couple of years earlier I had quitted the first year of a PhD creating a Computer Car Crash Simulation programme in Swansea, and now I felt I could call myself a community art worker!

My work, my home, my values and my interest in creativity and art all led to where I am now. 'Home is where the Art is' is my attempt to make some kind of sense of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment